Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In Memory


On Monday, August 18, 2008, my beloved friend and companion, Detmer's Lucia vom Roedertor CD "Lucy", crossed the rainbow bridge. She opened the door into the world of purebred dogs for me, including conformation, obedience, and rally. She was the reason I joined the Gallatin Dog Club and ITA. We were a pet-partner team with Intermountain Therapy Animals where she used her calm, sweet demeanor and willingness to work with children who were sick and disabled. All of the recent cards and e-mails have reminded me how many people she touched in her lifetime.
Sleep well, sweet girl. I will miss you every day.
Becky

1 comment:

Larkin Vonalt said...

Oh, Becky, I'm so sorry. And what a beautiful dog she was... I was expecting happy news about puppies, so it was particularly poignant to read your message; and and a bittersweet reminder about the circle of life. My heartfelt sympathies are with you.